[SunRescue] PC monitor with Sun Equip

april levin april at raver.net
Thu Dec 16 15:00:31 CST 1999

every ultra 5 we've gotten at work (the desktop model... i'm not
sure if there were 2 like the u10s, but i digress) came with those stupid
adapters. they were everywhere for a while because the ultra 5 has a 15pin
connector on the back and it's sun hardware, but they needed a way for sun
monitors to still be used.

so, long story short, they do exist. i have one on the u5 right next to
me. granted, i've never tried one on an actual PC, but i don't see why it
wouldn't work...

.april

> Gee, I need just the reverse - I'd like to use my 20" Sun monitor on a
> PC.  Is this doable?

<...>
"when do we give up our human-ness and accept the machine?"