[SunRescue] a sad, sad day

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 16 12:48:40 CST 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Alan Rubin wrote:
>that last bit is not really true in a couple of ways.  my friend still
>uses his P75 with win95 to do everything he wants.  i admit it sucks, but
>it still works for him.  and, you'd be surprised how many businesses still

  An interesting point.  Why does it suck?  That machine is probably...what,
four years old?  (when were P75s current?)  It's no slower now than it was
then, and it was GREAT (to the purchasers, that is) then..."wow! a new pentium!"
Are his applications NOW, in 1999, that different from what they were in 1995?
I expect not.  If that's the case...how is it that, with the same hardware and
the same uses, that something comes to suck from being GREAT?

  Is it simply because something better/faster exists?

  That'd be pretty silly.

             -Dave McGuire