[SunRescue] a sad, sad day

jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com
Thu Dec 16 00:01:28 CST 1999

>I've heard that Michigan State U's disp is very similar, although stuff
>tended to go real cheap if it wasn't a PeeCee (I've heard rumours from a
>friend that a bare 4/6xx system board went for $10 back in 1995...).

   A local computer surplus place, even though it knows a bit more than
most, has boxes and boxes of VME boards which it's selling for $10 each. Mostly
SCSI controllers, Network Coprocessors, and Prestoserve boards. I rummage
through them occasionally. Didn't find anything much that I could use until last
time through, when I found a 4/6xx bare system board, the matching RAM
board with a bank full of 1M SIMMs, and a pair of 3/4xx CPUs. For $10 each.
Yow!

   --James B.