[SunRescue] 4/260 speed clocking (adjustable?)

Keith Low krlow at idirect.com
Sun Dec 5 21:30:29 CST 1999

--------------AA3700A9D4595A2F9F7FD15A

Hi,

    I had a problem like this except on a SS1+. The problem seemed to be the
new hard drives I put in the system(Seagate's Barracuda 2.5G and Hawk 2G), so
it may very well be a timing problem on the scsi bus (problem stopped when I
removed the drives). I guess the drives were faster than the computer could
deal with them.

    As the for the person looking for VME Linux, look up the VMELinux project
at www.vmelinux.org as they may have a pointer to where to find the code.

Keith
AD Computer Solutions
http://www.adcomsol.net

BSD Bob wrote:

> I have an old 4/260 crate that I am trying to get OpenBSD up on.  It runs
> SunOS 4.1 fine, but, in loading up Net or OpenBSD, it gets a lot of scsi
> dma timeout errors.  IFF there is a way to slow the clocking of the machine
> down,  that might give me a chance to see if it is a timing related issue
> or something more serious in the code.
>
> Anyone know if any jumpers exist on a 4/260 cpu that will allow slowing
> the machine down some?  If so, what jumpers and what positions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

--------------AA3700A9D4595A2F9F7FD15A

begin:vcard