[SunRescue] 4/260 speed clocking (adjustable?)

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Fri Dec 3 14:50:01 CST 1999

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, BSD Bob wrote:

> I have an old 4/260 crate that I am trying to get OpenBSD up on.  It runs
> SunOS 4.1 fine, but, in loading up Net or OpenBSD, it gets a lot of scsi
> dma timeout errors.  IFF there is a way to slow the clocking of the machine
> down,  that might give me a chance to see if it is a timing related issue
> or something more serious in the code.

Not a definite answer by far, but a friend of mine has been trying (for a
little over a week), to get NetBSD 1.4.1 installed on his SPARCstation LX
and SPARCstation IPC. He gets DMA timeout errors when the NetBSD installer
gets to the partitioning/slicing step, and encounters them a little
further on with the IPC. Reproducable every time. There is nothing extra
in either of these machines, save a CGThree in the IPC.

Both are from a floppy install... boots the kernel and gets into the
mini-root just fine.

I recall from the OpenBSD web page that a new version, 2.6? Is being
released December 5th or 6th... perhaps some bugs are worked out..

Have fun.