[SunRescue] Old Skool Sparc 2 with SunOS 4.1.1

paul pries paul.pries at sonera.com
Thu Dec 30 07:21:35 CST 1999

OK, Maybe it doesn't exist in the ss2... *sigh* I
just checked the
eeprom of my ss20 and there it is called
"tpe-link-test?".
Guess you have to fins a way of connecting it to a
network...

The eeprom is much like the cmos of pc's. The
diag-device is, if I
recall correctly a path to some standalone
diagnostic programs that
can be run in diagnostic mode. Nothing you wanna
do if you're not
knowing exactly what you do.. :)

A tranceiver should cost no more than a few bucks,
why wait for 3 days?
Your local supplystore should have them en-masse.
:)

No problem with my time, I'm just sitting at work
waiting for
the new millennium to fuck things up... Or rather,
preparing it
not to fuck things up too much... *grin*
Good luck, and give me a holler if there are more
problems...

Paul.