[SunRescue] a sad, sad day

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Thu Dec 16 05:51:54 CST 1999

Peter Koch wrote:

> Some students of computer science may be interested in old Suns.
> But IMHO this people sit already at the source... the univerities
> are now throwing out the SS10 and such and the "suit think"
> is not too widespread at universities (thanks god)!
>
> So let us rescue Suns and have fun!

Actually I came across such activities around here in Sweden, where more
and more academic computer clubs get lots of  SS10's from their
universities. It's not 5-10 of them either, it's 20-30 of them!
So, things are going quickly now just after the Y2K-boom. We might even
see SS1000's being thrown out.
(Ultras aren't that expensive nowadays)

	/Regards, Bjorn