[SunRescue] Re: Sun3

Paul Zibaila II pwz at pghfamily.net
Wed Dec 1 12:02:26 CST 1999

Don't want to get in the midle of someone elses story.
But its a tad bit more than adding an entry in a .conf file.
You had to actually remake the the kernal vmunix.
No biggy of course. Till something went awry and the
ten minute task turned into an interesting all nighter

I get a chuckle where I work from time to time.
We have a bunch of great guys and they all know way more than
I on Solaris and such, but when the get stuck with something
that's not quite right on a couple of the old SunOS 4.1.x system platforms they come ask the "old" man.
Usually starts out with "I did a boot -r and it still doesn't work".