[SunRescue] How does one hook up old Postscript PSJet+"M" printer to sun3

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 27 09:11:03 CDT 1999

For the past couple of evenings I have been playing with my old SunOS-3.5
Sun 3/110 box trying to get it to print to a postscript laserjet I (a
NCR badged printer with a brand name PSJet+"M" logo on it.  I can get
it to talk LJ+ emulation mode with no flow control, but I can't get it
to talk PS in any way shape or form.  Yet, the silly printer works fine
printing on my dos box serial port.  I have a proper crlf filter  in
the printcap, and an RS-232 tester dongle has data going through correctly.
It has gotta be something minor, but I can't exactly ferret it out, yet.

Since it prints fine on dos (at least dos boxes are still good for stupid
level testing.....(:+\\.....), I am beginning to suspect the postscript
header file, or possibly the end of the file.  It passes the data, but
it seems to be going into /dev/null inside the printer.

Close, but not quite, yet.....

Any suggestions or whatever are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob