[SunRescue] Need a system to learn on...

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Aug 20 11:13:03 CDT 1999

BSD Bob wrote:
> In my experiences, I would hesitate to recommend a sun3 unless one were

I only want a sun3 if it is close enough that I can pick it up (i.e. in
Wisconsin).  Sun4 is more what I'm looking at getting.  Yes, I do tinker
(I've fixed a few cd-rom and tape drives).

> Remember, he was wanting a learning machine for his dad.  The sun3 really

I'm getting it for him to learn to use unix.  I plan to use it to play
with different OS's, and hopefully to set it up as an internet gateway
for my LAN.

-Jonathan