Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Fri Aug 20 10:08:30 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:

>    And, *OF COURSE*, then you're stuck with the good old mathematician
>answer before that
>age.  =P

Yeah, but I don't think he invented his, I think he was one of those guys
with abnormal mental faculties, and he just saw it and built it.
Sometimes those are the only people that can make a technological jump,
when years of research and lab work just don't get it done, along comes a
genius, and just sees the obvious (to them) and then the rest of us can
spend years of research refining that advance.

You know, the bump on the head = gravity kind of guys, or the "time
doesn't have to move at the same speed everywhere" guys, or for that
matter, the "cool, round things roll" kind of guys.

I'm just extremely curious what the next one of those jumps will be in
relation to computers.  We've been tweaking and refining for a generation
now without one of those jumps. Not to knock tweaking and refining, just
compare the machines now to the machines 20 years ago, they have come a
long way, they just haven't gone a new way yet.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....