Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Fri Aug 20 09:58:30 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>   This would be a wonderful thing, though, if someone would do it.  I
>imagine
>that all of the people with such dedication are already monks, though.  =)
>
>    And, really, if anyone will do it, and I can tell that it would be a
>good
>situation, I'd be more than glad to start contributing.  It wouldn't be
>too
>hard for me to obtain a number of supers for such an institution as long
>as
>they would be properly managed, and available to the proper sorts.
>

>                                                    -Kent Rankin

Oh if only!  Because of my location, and foreseeable financial condition I
don't imagine I will ever be playing with toys that big.  There are not
enough retro-geeks with spare time in rural NY to maintain machines of
that calibre, and I am not planning that big a building.  I don't imagine
I'll have anything more powerful than what will fit in my SparcServer 690
rack for quite a while.  The other disadvantage of my location is the
unavailability of affordable high speed access, which would allow monster
machines to be better utilized.  I'm waiting for Bill Gates to get his
satellite constellation up, because I think that will be sooner than cable
or DSL to my neck of the woods.

This is part of the price I pay for my little 8 acres of woods, but I
still wouldn't move into a city.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....