[SunRescue] Offerings

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Fri Aug 20 07:48:43 CDT 1999

>> A question was asked "Who invented the computer" on Morning Edition
(public radio) this a.m.  Sadly, I am so old, I was able to answer the
question.  Worse, I met one of them in 1976 (well, actually, we passed each
other in the hall one day).

    Erk, are we talking electrical computer with electrical storage?

    There were mechanical computers before that, quite a number with
mechanical storage.

    And, *OF COURSE*, then you're stuck with the good old mathematician
answer before that
age.  =P

                                                        -Kent Rankin