[SunRescue] old storage

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Fri Aug 20 07:14:46 CDT 1999

> > > How about a few disk platters from an old IBM 32 (or 34 or 36).
> > > I'd hate to ship the whole
> > > drive, but a platter or two might not be so bad.
> > > For someone in North Carolina, I've also
> > > got the full set of manuals (I think).
> >
> > Hey, a platter hung on the wall would be a shocker to those folks
used
> > to teensie weensie 3.5 inch platters.....(:+}}...
>
> out of curiosity, just how big were these drives...?
>
> -njk

The drive mechanism is 18" x 14" x 12". The enclosure that holds the
disks is transparent and the disks themselves are orange (shades of
iMac!) and are about 8" across. Like big, thick, orange 45 records.

Sorry for the very non-sun-ness of all this. I guess anyone else who has
questions about my junked IBM babyframe should email just me.

DRouse