[SunRescue] old storage [was Offerings]

Kurt A. Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Thu Aug 19 10:26:36 CDT 1999

This leads me to an interesting thing my dad told me ages ago.  He told
me about a method of storage they used in the navy (where he was an
instructor at the Great Lakes facility in Illinois) that used a metal
wire run through a magnetic reader of some sort.  He was a
math/geometry/calculus instructor there so he didn't have specifics, but
he did say that it went through *extremely* fast.  One of the
technicians removed a cover of some sort to troubleshoot something and
nearly had a finger removed when he got too close to the wire.

Any one know what this was?

--kurt