[SunRescue] Offerings

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 18 16:59:25 CDT 1999

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Reagen Ward wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 01:32:58PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
>
> > Has any crazy soul ever tried to cram a Cycle-5 board into a BriteLite
> > IPX?  Power and cooling would be the issues, I'm guessing.
>
> What the heck is that?  Does it have colorful plastic pegs?

ROFL.  My god, a taste of my childhood...

The BriteLites were a series of "laptops" (more like lap crushers if you
ask me) from RDI.  They used genuine Sun motherboards (most commonly the
IPX and LX) powered off of batteries and had a special sbus framebuffer to
drive the builtin LCD display (usually small, 640x480).  Consequently they
were very compatible but very big and heavy (the size of a small briefcase
and over 15lb).

-James [turn on the magic of colored lights]