Re(2): [SunRescue] IPX or Classics

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 18 12:27:41 CDT 1999

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Tim Hauber wrote:
>
> > Debian does, it even works.
>
> On a related note, does anyone run SparcLinux (Red Hat, Debian, etc.)?

Debian SPARC 2.1 on my SS-2 and IPX.

> And what do you use for a browser?  I've got my IPX set up and running

Right now I'm still telnetting into my 486 and using Lynx, but
occasionally I have a need to browse HTML documents on my SS-2, so I use
Lynx... works great, small, quick, and text!

> at home... even got PPP working, but I don't find a sparc linux
> netscape (I thought I saw one at one point, but I must be remembering
> wrong).  Any suggestions?

I seem to remember hearing of a SPARClinux Netscape binary, but it
required Motif... there's also the option of using the SunOS binary of
Netscape, I've hear many people say that's been done more times than not.

Is Mosaic still floating around out there? :)