[SunRescue] Plextor CD-ROMs

paul yaskowski paul at dragontear.org
Wed Aug 18 11:03:36 CDT 1999

* Nicholas Richardson (nrichard at chem.wayne.edu) [08.18.99 11:52]:
> I think they do (I'm trying to remember if I used a plextor or a DEC drive
> on my 3100). A few things to keep in mind. The external scsi port wont
> work with a standard 68 to 50 pin cable, it needs some DEC scsi cable
> (hooking the drive up internally worked fine for me). I also think the
> vaxstations like to see the CD with address 4.
>
> hope this helps

  i remember looking for a dec scsi cable to fit on the back port, and
i found one.. for $97.  luckily i found an internal cdrom, and my
vaxstation has two nice slots that i can fit the drive into.

  thanks. :)

--
"it always comes to this. if they really had a desire to live, they
would've been more aware of how easy it is to die, would've chosen