[SunRescue] Offerings

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 17 08:29:55 CDT 1999

> BSD Bob wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a spare Fortran tape for Sunos 4.1.1 on the sun3?... or know
> > how to port it out of the 3.5 tree?  Most everything is there in the
> > 3.5 tarball, but it links out to some things that I am not fully onto,
> > yet.
>
> I know someone who has 3.5 FORTRAN running under 4.1.1 on a 3/60.
> I'll ask him how it's done.

Do.... I tried it last night, by hand, and it came back erroring out
that it was not installed.  Whatever happened to hand installable
software.....(:+{{.....  I guess I am too used to my vanilla BSD box.
Sun has some sort if installation recordkeeping somewhere in the
bilges that only the suninstall or add_services knows about?

When that blew up, I tried reinstalling the SunOS 3.5.  The stuff
I got from the archive errors out somewhere in the root install
with a status 13.   Anyone know what a status 13 is in SunOS 3.5?
Maybe the tarball or the tape has an error in it.  I will try
cutting another tonight.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob