Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 16:58:32 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>In late '71.  I don't consider myself young though - being married with
>kids can age a person somewhat.  Hopefully I don't age too much more,
>though I'm waiting for the grey hairs my daughter will give me when she
>enters her teens.
>
>I got into computers early too.  I started programming the Apple //e's
>way back when, then learned Cobol for mainframe apps.  'Course this goes
>way back.

My first programming was raw machine code, well, it was Octal not binary,
I was 7 and my Dad had built a z80 controller to control a manufacturing
process, it had 7 segment LED displays, a button pad stolen from a desktop
calculator, and a lot of prototyping breadboard on top.  I think he wrote
his bootstrap to handle 4K, but the machine only had 2K.  It had a full
bus out the top, so you could breadboard IO circuitry, so I learned Octal,
and wired my own blinkenlights.  It's still around, I haven't convinced
him to let me inherit it yet.  I probably should convince him to port the
documentation from handwriting also, not that it would be too hard to map
it out from the hardware.  Had to learn the real nitty gritty, like key
debounce and output current limiting.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....