Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 10:24:37 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>The funny thing is that when Sun was speccing out the Sparc 1 chassis (to
>Frog Design, a neat company) they required that an evenly distributed
>200lb weight on the lid be accounted for.  I'll bet anything that PC
>makers hold themselves to 1/10th this amount, if that.
>
>I have no doubts whatsoever about being able to step onto just about any
>Sun ever made (with the possible exception of the Ultra 5).  I would have
>grave misgivings about doing that even on "brand-name" PC's.

I tend to collect PC cases from the early 90's they are much better made
than the cheap cases of today.  Unfortunately they don't come in ATX
design.  I think that's wone reason everyone is pushing towers, their
isn't much room to put heavy stuff on top.  Of course another reason is
that somehow the consumer at large thinks a tower is more powerful than a
desktop. :-)

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....