[SunRescue] Offerings

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Sun Aug 15 17:00:43 CDT 1999

>more likely to withstand my dancing upon it?  I think I'll start rating
systems
>by their ability to withstand dancing without structural damage (scuffing
of the
>paint is acceptable).  For instance, an HP 720/735 is very danceable, but
the
>715 and 712 models are not.  I imagine an HP C110 would handle it pretty
well
>though, as would a Sun UE450.

    You know, that is an interesting thought.  I'm sure that some of us out
there
could use some environmental requirement results for our machines.

    For instance, a large number of machines that leave my hands go directly
into
industrial houses, and quite often I get asked about vibration sensitivity,
electrical limits, etc.  I imagine that there are a lot of other guys that
could
benefit from such numbers, too.

-

    Of course, I think I just might run some group dancing/moshing tests on
Cray's that come through here just to compile for future purposes.  =)

                                                    -Kent Rankin