[SunRescue] Offerings

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Fri Aug 13 17:27:30 CDT 1999

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 03:16:23PM -0700, Barry Fujii wrote:

> on a more sun related note, has anyone built a ultrasparc using teh AXI
> motherboards? they are OEM style parts, but they have built in ethernet,
> scsi, and video. the best part is that they are ATX sized boards so chassis
> are easy to come by.

No, but I've used a few of the RAVE ones; same board, PC parts, Rave sticker.
It's basically a 10s equivalent, but in an ATX formfactor.  Not bad at all.
Zero problems, and lots of flexibility (especially for the price).  We've also
used the MP one (up to 4 CPUs, meant to be like an e450) with good results, but
they require some serious fans.  While the AXi board doesn't get as hot as some
PC systems I've used, I'd still invest in a good case with good cooling.

Reagen