Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] WTB: Type 4 Keyboard Cable

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Thu Aug 12 14:33:26 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>Just going to an SS1, so I suppose it would be DTE, yes
Oh now come on, I was doing good to remember the acronyms.  If I am
remembering correctly, the sparc and the Mac are both DCE (I am vaguely
remembering Data Control and Data Terminal as the source for the Acronym)
I think that the stupid stuff (the modem/terminal, or whatever ) is DTE,
while the smart stuff is DCE.  To hook a DCE to a DCE you need the cable
with the Null, which I think is the Mac Printer cable.  Don't quote me on
this, like I said earlier, I try cables till something works.

Tim

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....