[SunRescue] WTB: Type 4 Keyboard Cable

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:56:10 CDT 1999

> Bob,
>
> Mac hard drives should be find in Suns that aren't SS5's or SS20's (SCA
> attachement - don't remember on the SS4).

I am thinking dinosaur, here... sun3 and sun4 vme crates.

Is there anything one should be aware of in the formatting of drives
from macs to suns?

> RAM is a maybe- Depends if it's true parity or not. Non 9 chip parity
> RAM _may_ work- I believe this subject has been tossed around before.

I was thinking of ram that might work in a 3/60 or 3/80 or that kind
of dinosaur (maybe a 4/110?).  If it has 9 chips, it might, has been
my assumption.

> If any PowerPC Macs hit the bin from the University I'd be interested in
> one. Can do cash or trade for Sun or other computer goodies.

I will check and see.  They surplus each friday, about a block away,
so I try to run over there.   Everyone is hot for the PC's and the
unix boxes go for 5 bucks each, and cdroms for 2-3 bucks, and macs for
5-10 bucks.   It is mostly junkque, but lots of good parts if you can
get several cases and cobble them together.  Sadly, no sun stuff tho.

Bob