[SunRescue] [offtopic - RS/6000 available]

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Thu Aug 12 10:05:45 CDT 1999

I've got a loaded (minus keyboard and mouse) fully working IBM RS/6000
POWERstation 320H for sale / trade / whatever (basically I have no use
for it).  32mb RAM (on a SD1.5 memory riser card), 3-card Advanced 8bit
3D Color Graphics framebuffer setup, 3Com ethernet card, SCSI card, 400mb
HD, etc.  I've hooked it up to a monitor/keyboard/mouse set for one of
the 340s at work and it passes all diagnostics flawlessly.

I dont have the big plastic piece you screw on the bottom to make it a proper
"Tower" configuration, but I do have both keys, AND the key "tab" with the code
to make more keys if necessary.  System has AIX v3 loaded, I do not have
the root password (looks like system was surplused from IBM Austin).

Make an offer; I'm looking to trade/swap for Sun or SGI parts, or some other
"nifty" bit of hardware that will make it worth packing up and shipping out.

I'd like to see this go to someone who can get some use out of it, as I know
the memory riser cards and RAM are *extremely* expensive.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."