[SunRescue] WTB: Type 4 Keyboard Cable

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 12 09:44:13 CDT 1999

> I do notice that both ends of the connector are the same 8 pin mini-DIN
> connector that Mac serial cables use. Are the cables interchangable, or am
> I liable to frotz something?

Hee..... hee......  I was thinking the same thing, tried it, and it
did not work.  If all the pins are there, it may be possible to break
the cable in the middle and route it correctly.  I am thinking the
mac cable may not have all pins straight through, but may swap TX/RX
or something like that.  Anyone know for sure?

Anyone know if the mac printer cable will work as a printer cable on
a sun (IPX or somesuch)?  I have a mac postscript printer (laserwriter II)
that would be nice to get hooked up to either an SS1 or an IPX.

Bob