[SunRescue] 4/6xx Openboot PROM

Steve Hatle shatle at vue.com
Sat Aug 7 16:42:59 CDT 1999

What is/were the highest level of OpenBoot PROMs available for the 4/6xx
series? Mine has 2.10; do the revs match the OpenBoot PROMs for the
SS10/SS20 machines? Or, are they the exact same part? My recollection is
that at least 2.12 was needed for reliable MP in the SS10/20 series.

I'd like to go MP on my 4/630MP, and I've acquired two SM50 modules (thanks
James!) to use in the machine. I _believe_ that the SM50's should MP, but
currently the machine will only boot with one processor. If the boot PROM is
the problem, I'd like to find out exactly which rev I need. Tips on sources
for same would also be appreciated.

If the SM50's won't do MP, at least I've got some nice processors for the
next SS10/20 I come across <grin>.

TIA,

Steve