[SunRescue] Booting a Sun3

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 31 09:01:55 CDT 1999

>    In November, I'm going to be reorganizing all my machines as part of the
> rollover to NetBSD for Y2K compliance and security reasons.

James.... Let me/us know how it goes.  I have been having fits with NetBSD
on the old hardware.  The sun3 and the sun4 series ports have been driving
me up the wall.  I have yet to get a working MD or MT system on it.
The rest works pretty well.  Alas, all my tape drives are MT driven,
so that is a big problem for me on the old VME crates.

What drives would one recommend to replace the MT-Wangtek or MT-Archive
60mb tape systems for NetBSD compatibility on the sun3 and sun4 hardware?
Are any rom upgrades involved?

Thanks

Bob