[SunRescue] Seagate drive deal

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Mon Aug 30 02:27:49 CDT 1999

[ On Sunday, August 29, 1999 at 20:08:51 (-0700), Cyrus M. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: [SunRescue] Seagate drive deal
>
> I thought I would pass along this deal I found at the "Computer Geeks
> Discount Outlet".  Normally they only deal with PC type hardware, but it
> appears they have some refurbished 4.3 GB SCA Seagate Hawk drives with Sun
> part numbers (F370-2286-03) for $134.00 (US), which looked like a very
> good price to me.  I've purchased from them before, and have always been
> impressed (favorably).  They don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping
> either.  Here is the URL for any of you that might be interested.
>
> http://www.compgeeks.com/cgi-bin/details.asp?cat=Drives&sku=205-1524

$134.00 isn't bad for those drives.

I bought a pair of similar Quantum Viking 4.5GB ultra-wide SCA-2 drives
that Computer Geeks auctioned off on OnSale.com last July for $159.00
each.

Note that there's a current auction on OnSale of 89 units of brand new
IBM UltraStar 3.5" 4.5GB 7200 RPM ultra-wide SCS drives ending tomorrow
AM for $134.00 each too.

I'd personally go for the IBM drives over the Seagates -- they're much
more reliable and they'll still be under full warranty!  ;-)

	http://www.onsale.com/category/inv/00049167/01979389.htm

Of course there's an even better deal there, but only 9 units, so don't
bid it up too high!  ;-)

	http://www.onsale.com/category/inv/00049174/01960909.htm

For older systems there are 68 units of 4.3GB Seagate Barracuda's
currently at $69.00:

	http://www.onsale.com/category/inv/00049175/01981175.htm

--
							Greg A. Woods