[SunRescue] Sun 3/110

Kurt Nowak knowak at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu
Fri Aug 27 18:52:27 CDT 1999

Hello all.
Im glad to hear that Im not the only one playing with an old Sun 3/110!
(BSDBob). I rescued my beast from a UCSD surplus auction in early July
along with a couple of big ol' Sun 511 scsi cases each with full size
150MB Micropolis 1355, which I plan to replace with one 411 box and a
1GB drive or so... Anyway, Initially it wouldnt fire up, but after
cleaning the caked crud off the CPU board it came to life! My plan is to
install SunOS 4.1.1 from the sun 3 archive(sun3arc.krupp.net). My
question is, before i build a boot tape, will this machine boot from a
QIC-150 cartridge? I dont have a QIC-24, only a QIC-150 drive. Heiko's
Sun3 page doesnt seem to say anything about this particular creature...

I'd appreciate any comments! Thanks in advance.

Kurt Nowak