Re(2): [SunRescue] NVRAMs (was: Need a SparcStation 2 Power Supply)

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Fri Aug 20 09:44:02 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>> Last time I checked I was told there was no way to clear the NVRAM
>without
>> knowing the password.  If this is not true, PLEASE point me to the
>> information to clear the NVRAM!
>
>I think you have to get a new chip.  The NVRAM FAQ (see link @
>sunhelp.org) says
>something along that line.

If it comes to having to hack the chips, my hacksaw job previously
detailed on this list disconnects the internal battery, and substitutes an
external battery.  I would think that would clear the NVRAM.  I don't know
the pinout of that chip, but it also might be possible to short a couple
of the legs (if the internal battery voltage is present on external legs)
this also should clear the NVRAM

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....