Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Patrick Shoaf pshoaf at midmon.com
Thu Aug 19 15:35:50 CDT 1999

At 10:13 AM 8/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
> >The BriteLites were a series of "laptops" (more like lap crushers if you
> >ask me) from RDI.  They used genuine Sun motherboards (most commonly the
> >IPX and LX) powered off of batteries and had a special sbus framebuffer to
> >drive the builtin LCD display (usually small, 640x480).  Consequently they
> >were very compatible but very big and heavy (the size of a small briefcase
> >and over 15lb).
>
><drooling>
>Wow, there is a museum piece!
>did they use lead acid batteries?
Actually they battery pack looks like 8 D cell batteries assembled into a
pack 2 rows 4 long.  I have two such units here I am trying to resurect.

Patrick J. Shoaf, Systems Engineer
<mailto:pshoaf at midmon.com>pshoaf at midmon.com

A & S Enterprises
449 Knox Ave
Monessen, PA 15062-1532
Phone: 724-684-8270  or 888-638-6963 in PA only
Fax: 724-684-8274
Check out our web site at http://www.midmon.com
or you can e-mail us at <mailto:info at midmon.com>info at midmon.com