[SunRescue] Help! I'm drowining . . .

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Thu Aug 19 14:55:32 CDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 03:22:31PM -0400, Robert Wersan wrote:

> Then I want to resubscribe using one of the free mailbox sites, possibly
> taking the daily digest version.

I've considered moving to the digest version, or just routing it all to a diff
mailbox (I love procmail), but I'm having way too much fun reading everything. The
content is great.  Is it relevant to the list?  Usually not.  Is it relevant to my
life?  Rarely.  Is it fun to read?  Absolutely.

So, back on topic:

I've got two new Sun 3/60s.  I've got some adapters for the weird SCSI connections
(from Andataco; came with some drives) to go to mini-50, and they appear to have
12MB of RAM.  Can they take more RAM than that?  If so, where to find?  I'd love
to eventually trade 'em for a VME cabinet (really only need the cabinet, but if it
had boards init, I certainly wouldn't complain), pref. one that takes 6U.  Too bad
such things are so darn heavy.

NetBSD for Sun3 seems tempting, but I dunno what to use 'em for.  I like reading
that these boxes are still production-useable, despite my lack of need for 'em.

Reagen