[SunRescue] Plextor CD-ROMs

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Wed Aug 18 16:43:03 CDT 1999

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 04:45:51PM -0400, Kent Rankin wrote:
> >> I thought I'd pass this along.  I'm on a mailing list for a liquidator.
> >> I've had friends buy from them in the past and be very happy, and
> >> whereas this is a Plextor (which are Sun bootable) for $16, I know
> >> I don't think I'm going to pass it up.
> >>   PLEXTOR 4x SCSI CD-ROM DRIVE - $16
> >>   ITEM #...PX43CX
> >> http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/inproduct.asp?dept%5Fid=3&sku=PX43CS
>     It should work, as DEC's RRD42's use 512-byte blocking, as well.
>                                             -Kent Rankin

I ordered one of these about a week ago (I'm on the same list) and it
got in yesterday.  Standard good quality Plextor, and it is bootable -
it jsut doesnt have the "4Plex" logo on the front.  I've bought numerous
things from hitechcafe, and their service is great.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."