[SunRescue] SS1+ and 1 Barracuda and 1 Hawk

Keith Low krlow at idirect.com
Tue Aug 17 17:32:32 CDT 1999

Hi Everyone,

    I was wondering if any of you know is there is anything I have to do
extra to get a 2.5G Barracuda HD and a 2.4G Hawk working under
Linux(RedHat 5.2) on a SS1+. I have the drives in an external drive box.
Linux is installed and running on the other smaller drives right now.

    The problem is as I am formatting the drives it seems to get slower
and slower. I have set the sunlabels on the drive to the spec sheets
from Seagate, but it doesn't seem to help.

    The SS1+ also has a 329M HD and (2)669MB HDs in a separate drive box
and a plextor 4plex CD-ROM in the drive box with the 2.5G and 2.4G
harddrives.