[SunRescue] Offerings

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Tue Aug 17 01:16:54 CDT 1999

>I just saw Depeche Mode in concert last year...strange guys...I do have to
>say though, that early rap is pretty fab, just say Run DMC recently, great
>stuff.  My absolute favorites however are Lou Reed, Brian Eno, David
>Bowie, and Iggy Pop.  Man, this is a strange thread I started.

    Don't take this the wrong way, Chris, but, erk... are you single?  =)

    Just have to say that you have a *DAMNED* nice taste in music.  If we
can work Robert Fripp in there, you're probably ready for ascension to
another
plane.

    The one that we can all learn from Iggy would have to be from the song
Raw Power.  Kind of says something for bad-assed nerds...  here's the line:

    "Better watch out baby, cause I'm using technology"

One word:  Damn.  =)  I thought just that when I saw him in concert
recently.  I'd
been decomming gear from a few businesses in the Metropolitan Atlanta area
and
just happened to be there to see the Midtown Music Festival.

-

    Anyone know what the Fairlight Synthesizers ran on?  I distinctly recall
a workstation link with them.  They've been used on Brian Eno and David
Bowie's
stuff before, is the reasont that I bring them up.

    They were about $35,000 US back in the early eighties, and for the time,
were
quite spiffy, with a GUI, mouse, SCSI, large graphical interface, loads of
memory,
etc.

                                                        -Kent Rankin