[SunRescue] 9 track tape

William Janssen billj at calweb.com
Mon Aug 16 21:49:39 CDT 1999

All this talk about tape drives got me to wondering if anyone
here has interface info. on a Kennedy Model 1600/360R. I have one
that maybe someday I will drive with a microprocessor just so
I can record something and get the data back. The micro would be an
interface to talk to one of my Sun machines. I want to see the reels
spin usefully.

I have a manual for a Kennedy Model 9000 but I haven't found
one of those yet.

There is a sun 3 and 9 track tape drive in the scrap yard but
I wouldn't pay the asking $150.00

BTW I started by wire wrapping a Motorola 6800 1n 1976. used a 5 level
tty for output and an ASCII keyboard for input. The tty had a data
converter in hardware, very slow.

Never worked at computing but stayed at the hobby level. Still have my
CPM machine with the 8 inch floppy drives (single sided).

Born Feb. 7, 1928

Bill K7NOM