[SunRescue] Offerings

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Mon Aug 16 16:14:48 CDT 1999

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Reagen Ward wrote:

> You know, the old ones that emit large amounts of dangerous radiation. :)  It's
> just a term I learned back in college.

Do you have any stats on which ones are worse?  I'm sure that all of the
GDM19xx series and above are probably fine, but I know that older Hitachi
tubes kick out more RF and may release more ionizing radiation as well.

I'm sitting in front of a triple-headed Sun at the moment (GDM20E20,
GDM1962B, IBM 6091/19) so I'd like to know if anyone has any adverse news
I've not heard before.  :-)

-James