Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 14:53:14 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>What's the story on raised flooring?  I've seen several places advertise
>very easy noninvasive installation, but I don't know how far to believe
>them.  I'd gladly lose a foot or two in height in my "computer room" to
>simplify cable management.

This brings up a question, since I haven't built my building yet (The
building is starting to get mythical, but it sure is nice in my head)
Since I am building my own raised floor (actually, I am planning on a
network of underfloor channels, not a full raised floor)  Can I run my
nework (I'd like to go cat6)  close to power wires without noise issues?
Local code says I can run Romex without conduit, does metal conduit help
reduce noise?  I can do all power drops from the ceiling, and all computer
wiring from the floor, but it would be easier to run them both below.

I suppose I could get a local electrician to staple all my network lines
tightly to the wall studs, and make sure it runs extra tight when it turns
a corner :-)

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....