Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Mon Aug 16 13:24:16 CDT 1999

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 01:59:00PM -0500, Tim Hauber wrote:

> How can you say unfortunately, what other piece of computer equipment can
> you think of that is actually in use from the early 70s?

A whole heck of a lot of mainframe type stuff.  A bud of mine works at a local
office of a huge petroleum company, and they still have a DG Eclipse.  I was
talking about that book "The Soul of a New Machine" and he said that theirs was
still in production.  Wow.  I'm sure that they're busily offloading it to a more
y2000-compliant system (maybe it's always been y2k compliant?  You never know).

> Just for fun, when was everybody born?
> 4/26/69

Sometime in the middle of '73 (I don't remember the early years very well).
Yeah, I'm young.  So sue me.

Reagen