Re(2): Re(2): [SunRescue] Offerings

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Mon Aug 16 13:18:48 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>One of my pet dreams is finding a 9 track tape system that will go
>onto my xylogics board on the sun3.  It might be useful for regenerating
>old tapes of such, or fun play watching the reels spin.  Nothing yet
>has turned up in the middle NC area, though.....
>
>Bob

You know, in this day and age the majority of hackers have probably never
seen tapes spin except in movies.  Unfortunately I also fit in this
category.  When you find one, let me know and I'll come watch it spin.  My
pet dream from that era is a home machine, an Altair.  There was one in a
computer lab at a community college near me, and they wouldn't let me have
it.  It ended up getting trashed.  It was a fully configured machine,
lived in a rack, had two 8 inch floppies, actually still had
documentation.  I know what environmentalists feel when a 3,000 year old
tree gets mowed down.

"The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported by Microsoft."
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/ie45faq.htm
hmmm....