[SunRescue] General Stuffiness

firststep at clara.net firststep at clara.net
Thu Aug 12 15:24:23 CDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:59:14 -0700, you wrote:

> Two more cents:
>
> Usenet died because of
>
> 1) Spam
> 2) idiots
> 3) see #'s 1 &2
>
> So sure, maybe offers should be made in private.  Fine.  But no need to get
> stuffy and puffed about it.  A simple suggestion to the "offender" in
> private email, would have been sufficient, especially given the nature of
> the list's members.

I couldn't agree with this more. I came to this list to learn, to add,
to discover and for a little community and help. In other words to
inform myself through involvement.

> I am irritated by the message below.
[SNIP]

> >  i'll give you $20 for the vs4000 w/o the monitor, because i know how
> >heavy those things are, and there's no way i'm gonna pay to ship that.
> >;>  $50 for the ipx.
>
> Pardon if I sound excessively snippy, but this sort of thing shouldn't
>need to be mentioned.  Please, folks, I've learned a lot from reading this list,
> but if I have to wade through too many messages like the one above, I'll unsubscribe.
>  I suspect that other people feel this way too.  Anyone remember why Usenet died?

In general I agree with some of the sentiment as I gain a great deal
from this and other lists and prefer both a good [snip] and not too
much useless post.

However another side of the coin that is useful to me is to get an
idea of what second user / hand goods are going for.

This is also interesting for me as I am in the UK where prices are so
much higher. I look on with envy :o)

With such knowledge I can save myself money which means I can rescue
more without being ripped off.

Anyway. Just a thought.

Peter
Bham. UK.