[SunRescue] [offtopic - RS/6000 available]

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Thu Aug 12 12:55:39 CDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've got a loaded (minus keyboard and mouse) fully working IBM RS/6000
> POWERstation 320H for sale / trade / whatever (basically I have no use
> for it).  32mb RAM (on a SD1.5 memory riser card), 3-card Advanced 8bit
> 3D Color Graphics framebuffer setup, 3Com ethernet card, SCSI card, 400mb
> HD, etc.  I've hooked it up to a monitor/keyboard/mouse set for one of
> the 340s at work and it passes all diagnostics flawlessly.

Keep in mind also that you will need a CDROM drive with IBM firmware in
order to boot it, if you manage to acquire AIX CD's.  Any CDROM drive can
be used once the system is operational, but the firmware will only talk to
IBM CDROMs.  I have a dead one that may be repairable if anyone wants it.

The hard drives are IBM 0661's, mostly but not quite completely SCSI-II.
Logitech mice will work (IBM mice are/were OEM Logitech), most other
brands do not.  Keyboards are funky, though RT keyboards (a lot cheaper)
can be hacked to work.

-James