[SunRescue] [offtopic - RS/6000 available]

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Thu Aug 12 12:47:05 CDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 12:50:45PM -0400, paul yaskowski wrote:
>   crap, that offer beats mine. ;>  i'm also trying to get my hands on a
> variety of different systems, i love to learn about them.  if you need
> someone to unload that ss2 on, i'm here. ;>

Sure, the SS2 is earmarked for you.  Please email me (ward at zilla.nu) your info,
and we'll work out the details.  No guarantees on it, other than it has 64MB of
RAM and a bad NVRAM chip (seems to be fine otherwise).

>   and, if anyone has any old sgi hardware, i'd love to take it off your
> hands.  think of me before you scrap anything! :P

I know of a guy with old Personal IRIS stuff, but nothing really worthwhile.  I
love old junk, even if my wife doesn't. Our next house will HAVE to have a
garage.  I lack OpenVMS, IRIX, AIX, OSF1/DigitalUNIX/Tru64, and DG-UX.  I have
an alpha, but haven't gotten around to buying an OS license (more precisely, I
haven't found a good enough excuse for spending the money that my wife would
rather spend on things like groceries, car notes, etc).

Reagen