[SunRescue] Sunos 3.5 on OLDEN sun3toyz

Tom Schmidt tschmidt at micron.com
Thu Aug 12 11:51:17 CDT 1999

When connecting the newer SCSI drives to the 3/60, I don't think I
needed
the bridge controllers (MD/MT).  I believe these were only needed to
convert
the SCSI signals to control the ESDI drives like the 1558.  You will
still
need the MT bridge controller for your tape drive.  So just daisy chain
the SCSI disk onto the SCSI bus, and have the tape drive at the end of
the
chain with a terminator.

Since your disk is already formatted and partitioned, you should be able
to just use steps 1 and 2, and then skip to step 15 in my procedure I
sent
yesterday, which will take you directly to installing the mini-UNIX on
the
swap partition.

Tom
--