[SunRescue] Sunos 3.5 on OLDEN sun3toyz

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 12 09:54:22 CDT 1999

> > Is sunos 3.5 available for download anywhere? I like to collect this old
> > stuff. I have a 3/50 that needs an OS.
>
> It is in the sun3arc/tapes tree of sun3arc.krupp.net or on the sunrescue
> archives (I forget the url to it offhand).

Speaking of SunOS 3.5 funzies..... I booted the beast last night, but
it seems to be tied exactly to the sun scsi/esdi or scsi/mfm controllers,
or xylogics SMD controllers and it won't run directly into a normal scsi
drive hung on the scsi bus.....drat!  It must query the proms or something
in the old MT and MD controller boards.

That leads me to query..... anyone got a spare top bay tray from a
sun3 deskside 12 slot case, with the old ESDI Maxtor 1558 HD's?
In the pursuit of ancient unices, it seems I will need to retrofit
mine.....(:+{{.... great leap backwards.....

Any pointers thereto are appreciated.

Bob