[SunRescue] Need info on install of SunOS 3.5

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 11 10:23:32 CDT 1999

Anyone have any ideas/docs/info as to how to install SunOS 3.5.
I have most every sun manual for the old sun3 stuff, except any
of the unix installation guides.  It is wierd enough, compared to
SunOS 4.1 or 4.1.1 that I can't seem to figure it out, intuitively.

Normally, I would expect a miniroot to be setup on swap of the first
HD [sd(0,0,1)], and then booted.  But, the xdrtocs from the tapes don't
give any insight into how the jumble of files are to be sequentially
accessed to get into an install script.  The miniroot itself won't
boot, directly, so something else must be needed to bring it up.

Any insights into the mysterious SunOS 3.5 install are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Keys