Re(2): [SunRescue] VT340

Kent Rankin srao at usit.net
Sun Aug 8 00:16:15 CDT 1999

>I just picked up a some VTs if I remember my numbers right there were 2
>420s and 1 340.  Anyway, They have two RJ type jacks on them, one labeled
>with a printer symbol, and one with a pair of arrows, which I presume is
>the serial connection.  My question is this, what is the pin out of that
>jack, and what kind of serial does it talk.  Also someone mentioned the
>340 is upgradable, what is upgradeable and how useful is it?

    It's called an MMJ port.  It pins out as follows(ugly little ASCII
diagram added for your viewing pleasure):

         1  2  3  4  5  6
        +---------------+
        |               |
        |               |
        +----------+    +
                   +----+

            1 - DTR
            2 - TD+
            3 - TD-
            4 - RD-
            5 - RD+
            6 - DSR

    Anyhow, hope it helps.

    Oh, by the way, the VT340's are upgradable via the memory card on the
back... it just requires that you remove a fastening screw on the little
card, and lift the tab to remove it.

                                                                -Kent Rankin