[SunRescue] Return to Solaris

scohen - Stephen Cohen scohen at acxiom.com
Fri Aug 6 10:04:18 CDT 1999

The documentation on http://docs.sun.com appears to assume that Solaris is already installed.  Even the section on "New Install" wants the user to modify files on a Solaris file system.

At the ok prompt, using the command 'boot cdrom - browser' fails because it can't mount the root file system.  Using 'boot cdrom - install' hangs the system to the degree that the reset command must be issued.

How does one install Solaris 2.6 with the assumption that NOTHING should be located on the disks?  How will one format the disks, for example?

Another Sun box is available on my subnet, but I'm reluctant to go to the trouble of setting up either a client/server or web jumpstart boot process.

Any ideas?

Stephen P. Cohen           Email:  scohen at acxiom.com
Acxiom Data Network        Phone:  (501)336-2054
Logistics Business Unit    Fax:    (501)336-3910

Acxiom Corporation         Web:     http://www.acxiom.com
301 Industrial Boulevard
Conway, AR   72033